The island Bjørkøya
• Exciting flora and a rich wildlife.
• Idyllic sandy beaches and free space.
• Allowed to pitch a tent.
• The island is suitable for cycling.
• Large parts of the island are relatively flat, and there are good opportunities to get around the central parts of the island with a wheelchair.
• Drinking water and public toilet near by the café and ferry port.
• The southern part of the island is called Risøya when the area was previously separated from Bjørkøya with a narrow sound.
• Bjørkøya Mat & Cafe is summeropen and has all the facilities that guests need. https://www.facebook.com/bjorkoya/
Gallery Grindbakken is a small and exciting gallery by the water's edge at Stathelle.
Tollpakkboden is a log-built warehouse, the main part of which dates from the early 1700s.
Langesund customs warehouse as it stands today was erected in 1869.
The old guardhouse is now a customs museum, with artefacts found there from long ago.
Workshop and gallery in Langesund.
Bamble is dominated by two types of landscape with completely different geological…
Great hiking area near Rognstranda in Bamble. Beautiful forests and flora.
Welcome to the geosite in Steinvika
Tangen Fort lies at the outermost point on Langesundtangen, south of the town of…
The Olav church ruin (Skeidi church) are the ruins of a stone church built before 1150 in…
Bamble Church is a large wooden structure dedicated in 1845.
The landscape with the escarpments, "flauane" in Norwegian, is characteristic of the…
As the first geopark in Scandinavia, Gea Norvegica became member of the Global Geoparks…
Learn more about the natural history of our planet.
Valle, a gem of the archipelago with wealth of facilities, is located in the far south of…