The lock has a lift height of 5 meters and is located on Smieøya in Skien. The building started in 1854 and was completed in 1861.
Skien lock is the first closure facility in the Telemark Canal. Below the locks it's a breakaway for pleasure boats. Above the locks, in Hjellevannet. you can find guest harbor and service facilities.
Short distance to shops and cafees/restaurants.
Tel: 35 52 20 56
The log driver monument on Smieøya.
The artist at Møllaveggen is Spaik Romero Guerra of Mexico.
New, modern fish ladder in down town of Skien.
The artist behind the wall art on the mall “Arkaden” is Spaik - Romero Guerra from Mexico…
Artist on The spirit Kunsthall wall is Eric Okdeh from Philadelphia from the United…
Spriten Kunsthall is located on Klosterøya, a few minutes walk from the center of Skien.
Design dedicated some former Skiens citizens.
The artist behind the painting in Prinsessegata is David Milton Guinn from Philadelphia,…
In this building, in the corner room on the 2nd floor, Henrik Ibsen was born.
Victor Ash is a highly acclaimed French street artist, originally from Portugal, who…
Ibsenhuset was officially opened on 9 September 1973 and at the time was Norway’s most…
Ibsenhuset is named after Skien's famous son, Henrik Ibsen.
Snipetorp is Skien's oldest residential after the city fires in 1854 and 1886.
Their gallery is in the Cultural Centre called Ibsenhuset, which opened in 1973.
The first owner of Altenburggården was probably Johan Altenburg, Henrik Ibsen's…
The Ibsen Steps were restored in April 1995.