The history about Henrik Ibsen Museum
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating6 reviews
The main building was erected in the early 1800s and is a stately empire building. The property is about 120 acres and was in rather poor condition when the Ibsen family arrived there, but Knut Ibsen made great efforts to put the farm in a good shape and run the farm in a profitable way.
Here, Henrik Ibsen spent the important years from 7 - 15 years, and became well known in the area. It was also here that he began his artistic running track with puppet theater and drawing / painting. Also the reading interests are being developed there, mostly under the mother's guidance.
Towards the end of 1843 the family moved back to the city and lived for many years at Snipetorp.
(Source: city walk in Skien, 1st edition 1995)
The Museum are open from 1th May - 31th August, 11 am - 5 pm. Closed on Mondays.
Tel: +47 35 54 45 00